yesterday marked the end of one year and the start of another.
i ended last year, not releasing any content because i wanted to focus on my vision and goal setting for the new year while investing in my relationships. this time away gave me the chance to stop focusing on
2016 is a year that I’m excited to get underway.
i mentioned briefly that 2015 contained many growing moments, but presented many new opportunities as well.
here’s a quick update on what lies ahead for me.
- i want to begin shooting elopements, stateside and international (and am offering special pricing for these, so hit me up asap). i adore the intimate settings, the authentic and romantic tones of the day, and how personal it is.
- after my time in europe, i decided to set aside my work in fashion/editorial photography to focus on weddings, travel/lifestyle, and other business ventures. if you visit www.ryanscottwelsh.com, you can see a bunch of my travel and lifestyle work.
- speaking of that site, i will be working on restructuring my web presence as a whole as i look to unite my brand and centralize everything. hopefully this will be live in the next couple of months, but as we all know, web design is a pain. 😉
- one of the biggest pieces of news is that i’ll be accepting a professorship at my former university teaching photography as part of a new program they are offering. i graduated just over 1.5 years ago and that was when the photography major had just launched. this is one of my top career goals and to see it happen has been such a blessing and mind-blowing opportunity that i couldn’t be more excited or grateful for. my class starts in just a few days.
- attached to this, i am also looking to dive more into the education side of the photography/creative business and have plans to push into this a lot more over the year. i have developed a huge passion for learning business and trying to figure out the most challenging parts of being a full time creative. if you work in this industry, you know the struggle and i want to do everything i can to help you maximize your creativity and live out the life of your dreams by refining your business and designing your life. if you are looking to get into this industry, i want to help you get started, operating, and working through your first steps as a creative business. when this is live, it should be a huge aid to creatives of all skill levels and industries.
- i look forward to living life with my amazing girlfriend abigail, and deepening our relationship with a sense of adventure and a jump from an airplane early this year.
- i will be returning to belize and am hoping to go to 3 other countries this year (new zealand + australia perhaps?) as well as 4 new to me states.
- i am determined to go see the northern lights this year. one way or another, i will.
- i want to start rock climbing and scuba diving.
- and lastly, i want to impact my clients and other people for the better. whether wedding clients and making their day as memorable and amazing as possible, volunteering for humanitarian work, partnering with a charity, educating and mentoring my students, helping a new photographer start their business, helping a veteran creative grow their business and live the life of their dreams, or living life with my friends while challenging them to be their best, i want to make sure that i invest in people and their dreams.
again, thank you all for being a part of this journey with me. it wouldn’t be the same without you all.
cheers and my your dreams become realities this year,
-Ryan Scott Welsh